ON THE DAY
Newquay’s famous Fistral beach is the home of British surfing and is justifiably the centre of UK’s surfing scene. You’ll get changed into a wetsuit with an identity vest over the top. The beach is just 200m from our centre, so you will be on the beach feeling the sand between your toes in no time!
The lesson begins with learning prone Surfing, this involves catching the waist depth white water waves to shore lying down on the surfboard. Once you have mastered prone surfing you’ll progress onto learning how to ‘pop up’ into a standing position as you ride the wave back to the beach. Nothing is more exhilarating than that very first wave that you catch!
All of our instructors are qualified beach lifeguards and hold surf coaching qualifications. They will have your group standing up in no time or mastering some epic moves depending on the level of your ability.
Whether you’ve never surfed before or you have some surfing experience, our instructors pitch your surfing lessons at a suitable level using kit from our centre sponsor Rip Curl.
- Meet and greet with your Surfing guides.
- Enrolment and allocation of wetsuits.
- We will provide you with top quality wetsuits and surfboards.
- Suit up in our heated changing rooms with safe storage for valuables.
- Safety talk for the whole party.
- Two hour surf lesson.
- All our stag/hen weekends include a bottle of bubbly to celebrate
NEED TO KNOW
- All you will need to bring with you is swimwear to wear underneath your wetsuit and a towel
- If you will be joining us for some surfing during the warmer months then we recommend bringing along some sun cream
- We pride ourselves in having the best instructors in the business
- Your lesson will be run on the ratio of 1:8 with each instructor being a qualified Beach Lifeguard as well as holding a Surf Coaching Award