Old School Sports Day
Old School Sports Day
Enjoy a day reliving your childhood memories with this fabulous Old School Sports Day event. On your marks, get set, go! Once split into teams you will get to take part in a range of nostalgic games including Egg and Spoon Race, Sack Race, Three Legged Race and Space Hoppers.
Old School Sports Day is the perfect Team Building event for large groups looking for something to keep everyone involved! Teams will be colour coded and participants can be cheered on by their teammates as they race to be come the Old School Sports Day Champions. Your host will keep score and award points to the winning teams.
- Event Coordinator who acts as a Referee
- Sports Day Bibs and Headbands
- Classic Sports Day Games
- Activity Equipment
- Pitch Hire
- Travel – if hosting at your own venue
OLD SCHOOL SPORTS DAY GAME EXAMPLES
- Tug of War
- Relay Race
- Three Legged Race
- Egg and Spoon Race
- Wheelbarrow Race
- Space Hopper Race
- Sack Race
- And More!
- PA System
- Medals and Trophies
- Bottle of Bubbly
- Additional Activities (eg. Football Zorbing, Archery Combat, Dodgeball, Football Dartboard etc.)
- Multiple Stations – activities can be run in a mini tournament format
- Gazebo Hire
- Professional Filming of the Event
- Company T-Shirts
NEED TO KNOW
- Sports footwear and clothing is advised
- Duration will depend on group size however, Sports Day can usually be played in 60 Minutes for up to 19 people, 90 Minutes for up to 25 people and 120 Minutes for 26+ people
- Anyone who is pregnant is unable to participate due to health and safety
- Pitch Hire is provided at certain locations at set venues. Can be held at your own venue providing you have a large, flat, open space free of obstacles.
- Minimum group size of 10, if the number drops below 10 the price per person will increase
Why not also check out
What Team Building Skills can I gain from Old School Sports Day?
In Old School Sports Day, teams will need to communicate with each other in order to win. With the addition of fun, teams are much more likely to communicate effectively with each other to reach their shared goal of becoming the Old School Sports Day champions! Communication issues account for 86% of failures in the workplace. Therefore, this activity is designed to help your team to better communicate with each other to boost efficiency and improve workflow!
The most vital part of teamwork is collaboration. This event has teams working together to improve their skills in this area! In games such as Giant Inflatable Sausage Race, your colleagues must collaborate with each other to move the fastest and win the game! By making a fun activity out of collaboration, this can help teams to adopt these skills without any added pressure and take these skills back to the office with them!
In Old School Sports Day, efficiency is key. You’ll need to complete the races as quickly and effectively as possible in order to win the event. This subtly introduces the idea of efficiency into the games, by giving your team a shared goal that they must work together to achieve. This soft skill is easily transferrable to the office! Once they’ve discovered the best way to work together to produce results out of the office, it’ll be a breeze when they’re back in!
Who is Old School Sports Day best suited to?
Old School Sports Day is available to groups of all sizes. However, as groups are split into smaller teams, it is best suited to larger groups of 25+ people.
Do I need to bring anything?
Although the equipment is all provided for you, there are some things we suggest you bring! Comfy shoes are a must, as you’ll be on your feet and active for a large portion of the event! We also suggest that you wear comfy clothes that you can move around in (that means no jeans!) and dress appropriately for the weather.
Can we pick our own teams?
This is really down to you! If you want to pick your own teams beforehand, that’s no problem! However, if you want to mix it up a bit, the host can split the group into teams for you – this may help you gain the most you can from the Team Building Skills!